Rohu is a freshwater fish, for the most part, tracked down in South Asia, and has a place with the carp family. Rohu fish is additionally called “Rui“, “Rohi“, “Tapra“, “Rovva“, “Roho Labeo” in better places. It has a place with the “Cyprinidae” group of genus “Labeo”.
Rohu Fish In Telugu (తెలుగులో) and Its Benefits
The Rohu Fish Scientific Classification:
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Chordata
- Class: Actinopterygii
- Order: Cypriniformes
- Family: Cyprinidae
- Subfamily: Labeoninae
- Genus: Labeo
- Species: L. rohita.
Rohu fish body is normally thick with a tight head and tail like catla fish. Its entire body is covered with reddish-colored scales aside from fins and head. It has a sum of 7 fins present on the body and it can grow up to the greatest length of 1 meter.
Rohu fish is thought of as an adult at three years old. Around then a female rohu can lay 3 lakhs of eggs. The best season for reproducing and laying eggs is in the long stretch of June and July yet the favorable time frame is begun from April to July.
Rohu Fish in Telugu
Rohu fish in Telugu is designated “Seelavathi” or “Bocha gnadu meen“. It is a species of the carp family and has a place with the Labeo sort. The Binomial name of rohu fish is Labeo rohita which is given by F. Hamilton in 1822.
Rohu fish is for the most part sold or purchase in the Telugu market under the name of rohu itself. Neighborhood Telugu-talking individuals called it revva or seelavathi, generally in town regions.
Rohu Fish Price
Rohu fish is consistently popular in South-east-Asia and particularly in India. However, its cost isn’t that high when contrasted with salmon or tuna fish. It has a typical cost of Rs. 250 for every Kg all over India and a similar applies to Hyderabad or Vishakhapatnam.
You can arrange fresh raw rohu fish on the web or purchase it from your closest fish market. Also, if you need to have barbecued or fried rohu fish, you can really take a look at it HERE, and request anything assortment you need.
Rohu Fish Nutritional Values
Rohu fish has an exceptionally high healthy benefit among other freshwater fishes. Like other ocean creatures, it is extremely high in protein and low in fats. It contains omega-3 fatty acids and B12 nutrients which the human body can’t create itself.
It likewise has nutrients A, B, C, and D alongside minerals like selenium, iron, zinc, iodine, calcium, potassium, sodium, and so on.
These are the accompanying supplements found in 100 grams serving of healthy fish:
- Calories/Energy: 97Ecals
- Protein: 77 grams
- Carbs: 4 grams
- Fats: 2 grams
- Sugar: 0 gram
- Minerals: 2 gm
- Iron: 1 mg
- Calcium: 650 mg
- Fiber: 0 gm.
Rohu Fish Benefits in Telugu
Rohu fish contains omega-3 fatty acids which decrease aggravation and furthermore lower circulatory strain by clearing the vessels as omega-3s contain both EPA and DHA.
In this way, ordinary utilization of fish forestalls the possibilities of strokes and thus numerous other ongoing sicknesses. It additionally safeguards the heart by decreasing the cholesterol levels in the blood with the goal that the heart can work appropriately.
Help Memory Power/Stress Alleviation
As per the Journal of the American Medical Association, regular taking moderate measures of fish decrease the gamble of Alzheimer’s Disease. A similar report has shown it builds the dim matter of the mind which is connected with memory power.
The DHA found in omega 3 is likewise connected with further developing focus level, speedy direction, and quick decision-making abilities in youngsters and grown-ups and can fix attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHA).
Works on the Immune System
As it contains numerous essential minerals like selenium, zinc, potassium, iron, iodine, phosphorous, and so forth, which support digestion and delivered more energy to battle outside microbes.
Upholds Weight Reduction
As we probably are aware fishes are high in normal solid protein and low in fats which are the principal cycles of weight reduction. Protein helps in building muscles and reinforcing body parts. It likewise builds the metabolic cycle so that body can get more energy.
Forestalls Hazard of Cancer
Rohu fish contains antioxidants that assist to keep the human body from disease. They battle with cancerous cells and take out the risk of malignant growth. In addition, it additionally contains minerals like selenium which produces proteins and that is likewise answerable for forestalling disease.
Few important points about Rohufish in English
- The rohu, rui, or roho labeo is a freshwater species tracked down in streams all through South Asia. It is an enormous omnivore that consumes practically all of the food accessible to it.
- Rohu is a river fish. It is viewed as a decent wellspring of L-ascorbic acid, which is vital for good wellbeing. It safeguards against colds and coughs, as well as different illnesses that are connected to them.
- Rohu, likewise called Carpo fish, is a protein-rich fish. Omega 3 unsaturated fats, as well as nutrients A, B, and C, are plentiful in this item.
- Energy, moisture, protein, fat, sugars, fiber, calcium, iron, and phosphorus are terrifically significant supplements tracked down in 100 grams of ROHU.
- Rohu is a high-protein, low-fat fish with a major head and tail.
- It additionally has a high concentration of minerals like zinc, iron, and calcium, as well as proteins.
- Labeo rohita is one of the two significant Indian carp species utilized in polyculture frameworks: Labeo rohita and Labeo rohita.
- The Indo-Gangetic riverine fauna, which is novel, is tracked down in the north and focal India along the waterways of Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Myanmar, as well as their environs.
- Forestalls hack and cold, helps in weight training and development, works on the capability of the circulatory framework, decreases heart issues, forestalls growth of cancer, further develops brain function, further develops vision levels, keeps up with skin dampness, and so on.
Rohu Fish Images & Photos
Rohu fish in Telugu is known as seelavathi meen (సీలావతి చేప). It is additionally called bocha gnadu meen (బోచ గ్నాడు మీన్) or rohu itself in Telugu spoken locales like Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Rohu fish contains numerous basic supplements like omega-3 fatty acids, B12 nutrients, and numerous minerals like zinc, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, and so on, which are significant for the human body. It is high in protein and low in fats which assist in the weight reduction process.